In the latest of our ‘Meet the team’ series we hear from Shauna Burns, The Business School Placement Manager.
Hello and welcome back! My name is Shauna and I am the Placement Manager. I hope you have had a wonderful summer and are feeling excited about the year ahead, we certainly are! If you are reading this, I would assume you are looking to secure a sandwich placement for 15/16 – we are here to help!
What has the Placement Team been working on over the summer holidays?
LOTS! We have a new look website and lots of shiny new marketing materials to help us share all things placement. We are particularly excited about our Placement Wednesdays schedule which kicked off with a ‘sell-out’ when Aldi came in on Wednesday 1 October. This Wednesday we’re looking forward to another great turn out for Vauxhall Motors. Wednesday is an important day for placement activity, so remember, think Wednesday, think placements!
And…we have an exciting new blog (this is my very first post!!)
What should 2nd year students do to secure a placement?
- Book a 1-2-1 appointment with a member of the team
- Attend all Placement Wednesdays activities – essential!!
- Check out the Business School Placement vacancies site regularly
- Follow us on Twitter @MMUPlacements and Join our Facebook Group – MMU Business School Placements
- Keep checking your emails – you don’t want to miss out on your perfect placement opportunity!
In other news…
What do you like to do in your spare time?
Go on holiday!! Anyone who knows me will realise that I have earned a reputation of being a bit of a Judith Chalmers (of ‘Wish you were here’ fame but hopefully without the perma tan!) I love to travel and enjoy the outdoors – my most recent trip took me to Japan and South Korea – FABULOUS! Next on the travel list….Oman, which is very exciting!